|::Departments : Super Specialities : Vascular Surgery|
DEPARTMENT OF VASCULAR SURGERY
DEPARTMENT MAIL ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
DEPARTMENT PHONE NO. :
The Vascular surgical speciality was initially under the umbrella of General surgery with stalwarts like Prof H.T.Veera Reddi, Prof N.Varadharajan, Prof CMK Reddy and Prof N.Raghuram.
Prof H.T.Veera Reddi a renowned vascular surgeon who has over 50 publications and published a book titled Basic principles of vascular surgery which deals exclusively with management of chronic nonspecific occlusive arteritis by his new concept of treatment of ischemic lower limb by arterialization of popliteal vein.
The Govt. of Tamil Nadu established full-fledged separate Department of vascular surgery with M.Ch qualified surgeons in the year 2006 with a bed strength of 40.
It is a tertiary referral centre for vascular surgery for the people of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
Prof T.VidyaSagaran was the first Prof & HOD, Department of Vascular Surgery, followed by
Prof M.Rajkumar as Prof & HOD in the year 2007. Prof M.Rajkumar was instrumental in starting M.Ch vascular surgery higher speciality course in the year 2009. He also made sure that M.Ch course got recognized by MCI in the year 2012. Prof M.Rajkumar also worked out generous donation to the department from Indian Oil Corporation for the state of art equipment to the department like Laser device and RFA device for Endovenous therapy.
The department has been growing steadily , currently we have 2 operating tables functioning 5 days a week , 2 days of Out patient Service and round the clock emergencies and call over from various departments are being attended to. Complex cases are being operated upon and the number of cases has also been increasing proportionately.
With the help of Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme we are able to acquire state of the heart hardware’s and do endovascular procedures (Arterial & venous) and complex Bypass procedures free of cost to patients on par with a corporate setup.
2. FACULTY DETAILS
From March 2013 to till date the Department of Vascular surgery is Headed by the following Professors: Dr.S.R.Subrammaniyan, Dr.Sritharan, Dr Thulasikumar, Dr. Elancheralathan, Dr.D Ashok Kumar.
||DR. K JAYACHANDER
3.SERVICES OFFERED :
a. ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
|NAME OF COURCE OFFERED
||SANCTIONED NO.OF SEATS
||DATE OF STARTING COURCE
||MCI RECOGNISED OR NOT
||TN. M.G.R MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
||YES - RECOGNISED
b. ACADEMIC CURRICULUM:
(Periodic academic activities held in the Department)
4. DEPARTMENT MUSEUM: (DESCRIPITION WITH PHOTO)
5. LABORATORY (DESCRIPITION WITH PHOTO AND ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED).
6. RESEARCH PUBLICATION (NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL)-LAST 3 YEARS – LIST
- Retroperitoneal illiac artery endartrectomy- a viable alternative to aortounifemoral bypass in poor cardiopulmonary patients.2017 International Journal of Advanced Research.
- Study of incidence and potential risk factors for deep vein pathology in patients with venous leg ulcers.2017-International Journal of Applied Research.
- Silent pulmonary embolism incidence and risk factors in Indian patients with lower limb DVT.2017- International Journal of Advanced Research.
- Assessment of limb salvage in peripheral arterial disease in diabetic foot ulcers.2017-International archives of Internal medicine Vol4 issue 6 ,
- To study the outcome of treatment in infrarenal multilevel occlusive disease. 2017- Internal Journal of Advanced Research.
- Clinical examination, a lost art in medicine; Diagnostic role of Venous Collaterals in determining proximal venous obstruction – Internal Journal of Advanced Research.
- Varicose Veins an uncommon presentation - Internal Journal of Advanced Research.
- Factors influencing outcome of endovascular treatment of iliac artery disease-institutional experience.2018-International Journal of Advanced Research.
- A clinical study on management of slow flow vascular malformation with foam sclerotherapy.2018 International Journal of Advanced Research.
- Iatrogenic vascular injuries- an institutional experience. 2018-Indian Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- Outcome analysis of Upper limb Vascular Trauma –Our institutional experience - International Journal of Advanced Research.
1) Factors influencing outcomes in infrainguinal redo procedures. International Journal of Scientific Research.
2) Poor Prognostic Determinants for patients undergoing Iliac artery angioplasty and stenting - International Journal of Scientific Research.
3) Factors influencing outcomes in Infrainguinal redo procedures- International Journal of Scientific Research.
4) A study of outcomes following Infrapopliteal angioplasty in peripheral arterial disease- International Journal of Scientific Research.
7. ON- GOING RESEARCH – LIST
Patient oriented outcomes following Lower Limb Revacularisation Procedures for Chronic Limb threatening Ischaemias – An Institutional Study.
8. DISSERTATION – LISTS
Hybrid Procedures in the Management of CLTI of lower extremity – our Institutional experience.
9. PRIZES AND AWARDS WON (DESCRIPITION WITH PHOTO)
In recognition of the contribution to the vascular surgery, the Stanley Vascular Association has decided to start an oration named after the following Eminent Professors
1. Prof M.Rajkumar Oration
2. Prof N.Raghuram Oration
3. Prof S.A.Hussain Oration
The Stanley Vascular Association also decided to present Special Awards to Honour the Senior Professors and Former Head of the Department of Vascular Surgery for their dedication towards the growth of the department of vascular surgery.
The Stanley Vascular Association has commissioned the following awards
Prof.T.Vidyasagaran Life Time Achievement Award in Vascular Surgery
Prof.S.R.Subrammaniyan Sushruta Award of Excellency in Vascular surgery
The Stanley Vascular Association also decided to institute Gold Medals named after
1. Prof K.S.Vijayaraghavan Gold Medal for the Final MBBS
2. Prof N.Varadharajan Gold Medal for the MS Post Graduate.
10. MEDAL EXAM (DESCRIPITION WITH PHOTO) OR ANY COMPETITION ROUTINELY CONDUCTED IN THE DEPARTMENT.
11. CME / CONFERENCE / WORKSHOP CONDUCTED BY THE DEPARTMENT (DESCRIPITION WITH PHOTO).
Following are the activities done in department of vascular surgery in 2018
1. Intercollege meet which includes journal club and case presentation on 27/1/18
2.Professor N. Varadarajan gold medal exam for M.S post graduates on 20/3/18
3. CME on Deep vein thrombosis on world DVT day
4.Intercollege meet which includes journal club and case presentation on 13/4/18
5.Journal club meet - NICE guidelines for DVT on 18/5/18
6.Journal club meet -Mechanical thrombectomy devices on 29/6/18
7.Intercollege meet which includes journal club and case presentation on 28/9/18
8.Journal club meet - Aorto-iliac disease with DVT on 26/10/18
9.Journal club meet - CREST Trial on 30/11/18
10.Intercollege meet which includes journal club and case presentation on 28/12/18
12. CME / CONFERENCE / WORKSHOP ATTENDED BY THE DEPARTMENT (PHOTOS IF AVAILABLE).
ENROLLED PROF PINJALA RAMAKRISHNA PROF & HOD DEPT OF VASCULAR SURGERY NIMS.HYDERABAD & PAST PRESIDENT VSI AS HONORARY MEMBER SVA
ENROLLED DR ANIL HINGORINI RENOWNED VASCULAR SURGEON U.S.A
AS OVERSEAS HONORARY MEMBER SVA
13. ANY WORK OF EXCELLENCE / AWARDS RECEIVED BY FACULTIES (ACADEMIC OR NON-ACADEMIC) - DESCRIPITION WITH PHOTO
Challenging cases done and Appreciated by Administration and Media
14. ANY OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- Case presentation : Weekly once
- Journal Club : Weekly once
- Grand Round : Weekly thrice
- Seminar : Once in two weeks
- Subject Review : Once in two weeks
- Death Review meeting : Monthly once
- Clinical Pathological conference : Monthly once
- Lectures (separately held for postgraduate students) : weekly once
- Guest lectures : Quarterly