List of Professors and Head of the department
Dr.K.Venkatachalam Pillai 1939-1946
2.Dr.J.C.David M.B.Phd 1946-1949
3.Dr.Iswariah B.A ., M.B., MRCP FRCS 1949-1952
4.Dr.K.P.Sarathy M.B., M.sc 1952-1955
5.Dr.A.R.Govinda Rao M.B., M.sc 1955-1957
6.Dr.T.R.Krishnamoorthy M.B.,M.sc 1957-1964
7.Dr.M.N.Gurusamy MBBS., M.sc 1964-1969
8.Dr.P.R.Ramachandran MBBS.,M.sc 1969-1971
9.Dr.G.M.Yahya MBBS.,M.sc 1971-1979
10.Dr.Tmt.Violet Rajagopalan M.D 1979-1988
11.Dr.Tmt.R.Thirupurasundari M.D 1988-1995
12.Dr.Tmt.S.Parvathavarthini M.D 1995-1998
13.Dr.Tmt.S.Padmashankar M.D 1998-1998
14.Dr.Tmt.C.B.Tharani M.D 1998-2003
15.Dr.S.Madhavan M.D 2003-2003
16.Dr.A.Ruckmani M.D 2003-2004
17.Dr.R.Nandini M.D 2005-2006
18.Dr.S.Madhavan M.D 2006 ….2013 JAN
19 Dr Usha Sadasivan 2013---- Till date
Academic Activities – Under Graduate Students
1) Symposium by students
2) Preparation of charts in connection with diseases and treatment
3) Follow up of treatment of poisoning cases
4) Group Discussions: 10 classes (included along with the seminars )
5) Herbarium Collection of Medicinal Plants
6) Quiz Program for undergraduate students are conducted every year and we use CLICKER’s TECHNOLOGY for conducting Pharmacology Quiz for our Under Graduate Students
Academic Activities – Post Graduate Students
CME programs on research topics are arranged once in a year for pharmacology post graduates
2. Postgraduate students are involved in research work under the guidance of Professors. Following research papers were submitted in National Journals
1) Evaluation of Efficacy of 1% topical Metronidazole Gel in Chronic Plaque Psoriasis.
2) Evaluation of Vit A supplement in sputum +ve pulmonary TB patients.
3) Evaluation of Therapeutic effect of combination of Vit E 400 mg + Vit C 500 mg OD in patients with primary Osteoarthritis.
4) Evaluation of therapeutic effect of supplementation of Vit E 400 mg with statin in patients with Dyslipidemia.
5) Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Atorvastatin in essential Hypertension.
6) Evaluation of role of Biotin in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
7) Comparative study of single high dose oral fluconazole with topical clotrimazole in patients with localized pityriasis versicolor.
8) Comparative study of oral Fluconazole with Oral terbinafine in Extensive Tinea Corporis
9) Alternative Regimes in Dyslipidemia
10) Role of Biotin in Dyslipidemia.